Private Glassfish v3 hosting
Sun Glassfish v3 is a certified JEE 1.6 a open source application server which has been developed directly by Sun and as such is often referred to as the reference implementation (RI) for JEE servers. Glassfish as application server provides significant improvements compared to a servlet container like Tomcat: EJB implementation, JTA transaction manager, Web Services (JAX), ... This allows to build complex J2EE applications by reusing a maximum of standard Java components (beans) which simplifies development and maintenance.
All JEE 1.6 compliant programs can be run on Glassfish server: Java Web (Servlets, JSP, JSF, Groovy, Grails, Spring MVC, etc. ...), specific business applications and common applications such as OpenCMS, Liferay, uPortal, OFBiz ... Glassfish also offers simple ways to deploy easily your J2EE applications.
The dedicated Glassfish server hosting is the solution that offers the highest level of performance for Java/J2EE applications. It is recommended for professional websites and applications requiring a very high level of performance to support a complex architecture and a high traffic.
Deploying application is really easy whether it is for packaged applications (war / ear) or not packaged applications by deploying the necessary files unitarily.
Thanks to the Java built-in technology, it is very simple to upgrade the server configuration in order to follow the development of your business by adjusting the memory available for Glassfish server.
Benefits of private Glassfish hosting:
- J2EE application server developed directly by Sun that provides a high level of performance
- Supports the Java EE 6: EJB 3, Servlet 3.0 and JSP 2.2
- Controlling of the amount of available memory (dedicated JVM memory for Glassfish)
- Controlling of the availability of your applications (dedicated instance of the server)
- Maximum security for data access applications (dedicated instance of the server)
- Possibility to shutdown / reboot your J2EE applications through the Glassfish management interface
- Easy deployment of packaged applications (war or ear)
- High scalability to support peak loads by adjusting memory (JVM)
- Access to Glassfish log files
Restrictions applying to private Glassfish v3 hosting:
- Less user friendly and more complex to set up than private Tomcat server
To know more
Hosting offers overview
Official Glassfish website